Learn About DOGthusiast
DOGthusiast is a dog blog that is dedicated to pet guardians who are enthusiastic about their companion dogs (and cats!). We focus on active dogs, dog sports, training and behavior, living with dogs, interesting pet products or services that we (actually) use, and anything else that involves our favorite four-legged friends. If you have a story or anything else you would like to share, please contact me.
What I believe in, what this blog is about
- Adopting your companion animals, as you can find amazing dogs and cats who do not have homes of any size, breed, and age
- Treating dogs with love and respect: they are companions, not pets
- Off leash recreation
- Reducing the amount of treats to bait behavior, and instead use solid relationships and emotion to train your companion
- Keep health care and diet as natural as possible
- Having an open mind when it comes to different viewpoints (on anything, including dogs)
About Jen deHaan
Jen deHaan is an animal advocate, volunteer, dog blogger, graphic designer, and dog person living in the San Francisco Bay Area, California (Sunnyvale, CA). She likes to support local and national efforts for animal welfare and advocacy. Jen enjoys learning about dog training and behavior, and has taken several courses and seminars since 2010. Courses have included Trish King’s CBA course, John Rogerson‘s aggression seminar, and his and 21 day intensive on behavior and training in India. She has been a shelter volunteer and Dog Training class assistant, and assisting with other local advocacy projects. Jen runs a small business making handmade dog products called Stylish Canine, and a freelance graphic designer at Found Pixel.
Meet the Dogs