If you landed on this blog for a dog training post, I hope that you’ll go check out this article from late last week about the World Dog Trainers Motivation Transparency Challenge, where I detail my approach to working with motivation and without aversive tools. This post outlines some very important questions to ask about your own dog trainer, or of yourself when working with your dog.
And of course, I hope that you’ll check out some of the other great posts about dog training below as part of the blog hop. If you’re a dog blogger who participates in the Training Tips Tuesday blog hop, keep reading for information about an important update to this weekly event.
About Training Tips Tuesday
Dog bloggers: This week there’s a special announcement about Training Tips Tuesday. The theme of this blog hop is changing so it can support a wider variety of blog posts, and we will be joining one of our favorite blogs for a monthly Twitter chat too.
For this week: please link up your training posts! Next week? Feel free to write on training… or your other adventures with dogs!
So what will it be?
We’re excited to announce that the blog hop will now be focused on dogs of adventure! The new blog hop is called Adventure Dog Tuesday!
Adventure Dog Tuesday blog posts could be about:
* Dog training and behavior: That’s right, adventures often involve or are focused on training. Dog training is an adventure! If you have posts about training and behavior, please continue to link them up!
* Dog outings: Going for a hike, paddle, swim, or surf session? Detail your journey or experience and link it up to our hop!
* Dog sports: Dog sports, especially competitions, are an adventure in their own right. Share the details and outcome of your latest practice or event!
* Staying active and fit: Jogging, urban agility, a training walk, and more – being active with your dog often involves an adventure, even if it’s part of a routine. What set it apart that’s worth sharing? Tell us in the hop!
* A story worth sharing: I’m not sure about you, but I often have something a little bit peculiar happen on a standard outing – it’s part of living with herding breeds I think (as I know can often be the case for many or most other breeds!). I plan to share stories about these everyday adventures from time to time too. And some of them will be illustrated.
* An adventure you want to take: Heard about a great opportunity? A unique adventure dog guardians are partaking in somewhere else in the world? Post the details, and link it up!
#AdventureDogChat is a Twitter chat for adventurous dogs and their adventurous parents. The chat is hosted by Jessica Rhae from YouDidWhatWithYourWeiner.com and takes place on the 3rd Wednesday of the month at 5 pm PST. There chat will focus on a different topic each month based on the monthly theme of the Adventure Dog Blog Hop. You don’t have to be a Twitter expert to join a chat. It’s fun and easy. There are a lot of articles out there that will give you the lowdown on How Twitter chats work.
Wait a minute… what is a Twitter chat?
For info on what a Twitter chat is, check out this post for how to participate in one, and stay tuned for more information next week.
New badge and new details – on the blog next week
Check next weeks post for a new badge and page about this blog hop update. I’ll post the details with the first hop next week in the same way as Training Tips Tuesday. Links and badges will be available in the same formats as Training Tips Tuesday.
I can’t wait to see (and share) your posts!
This week: Link up your dog training posts!
DOGthusiast and Tiffany’s Diamond Dogs host Training Tips Tuesday – new training tips and ideas brought to you on a weekly basis. Make sure you check back each week for something new about building a solid relationship with your dog.
Do you blog about training and behavior too? Or just want to learn more by posting a question you have? It’s easy to join the Training Tips Tuesday blog hop. Simply write about dog training, behavior, or any related topic. You don’t need to be an expert – you can even ask a question for reader feedback. Anything is fine!
- Grab the badge: Download (right-click to save) or Link to it using the following code, your choice!
- Link to your hosts, DOGthusiast and Tiffany’s Diamond Dogs. For ease of use, copy this code (there’s a copy button in the top right corner of the code box!):
This post is part of the Training Tips Tuesday blog hop, hosted by DOGthusiast and Tiffany's Diamond Dogs.
- Add your link to the hop! Click “Get the Code” below, add your information and link to your post, and you’re in the hop!